Google Adwords Ads
Google, the world’s most powerful search engine, is now in the position of a channel where the relevant process begins and perhaps becomes clear in many subjects such as purchasing, obtaining information, price research, decision making, research, homework, and content creation. There is no single during which we do not mention Google. While talking to each other, presenting somewhere, recommending a product to a friend, or gossiping, we always use the word Google. This high rate of use also shows us how powerful Google is.
Until 10 years ago, we were using different channels such as newspapers, television, acquaintances and neighbours for the same processes, while we prefer Google today. Brands and companies that have realized this relocation have started to look for ways to rank higher in Google in order to influence decision-making processes and gain profit.
We will talk about what should be done on Google Ads, which is the easiest way of achieving this, and the services KREABAZ can provide for you in this respect.
What is Google Ads?
Google Ads is a paid and online digital advertising service offered by Google. It is a platform where businesses or people who advertise on Google Ads are brought together with people who are interested in their target groups, conversion types, products or services they offer, for a certain fee.
Google AdWords, with its new name Ads, entered our lives in the early 2000s and it has changed the purchasing and decision-making processes quite strongly and radically. With this change, the advertising systems of businesses that want to promote their goods and services have also evolved. The opportunity to advertise with both measurable and smaller budgets also enabled Google Adwords to grow very quickly. In direct proportion to this growth, it managed to grab more shares from the annual advertising budgets of businesses.
How Do Google Ads Work?
The basic functioning principle of Google Ads is to bring the right user and the right service or product together. Within this matching, Google aims to bring together users who are looking for products or services similar to those of the businesses using the Google Ads platform. It can do this with the results listed on a visual ad or search engine. If the user, who encounters a banner design or listed search results, clicks on the results given in the advertisement areas, a certain amount is deducted from the budget allocated by the business for the advertisement. In the next step, if a conversion goal has been set, another deduction can be made within this conversion goal. We will explain the conversion issue in more detail later.
Google Ads Advertisement Types
There is a suitable ad model for every business type and product type on Google Ads. Within this diversity and purposes, there are basically 4 advertising models in Google Ads, listed as follows:
- Search network ads,
- Display ads network,
- Video ads,
- Application ads.
Search Ads: When a search is made on Google, hundreds of results appear according to the situation and the word searched. This list includes both paid and organic results. The ones listed at the top and bottom of the page, highlighted with a more prominent font and with different content are paid ads; in other words, ads placed through Google Ads. These results are also marked with an ad tag to prevent unfair competition. Clicking on these ads, getting directions through this ad or calling the phone number you provide will result in a fee.
Display Network: The display network is an advertising group of more than 2 million websites and video applications, according to Google. With this network, 90% of internet users worldwide can be reached. This network provides access to special banner ad spaces that can be displayed for target audiences.
It is designed to help find the right audience with the display ad network. With different breakdown and targeting options, the message you want to give meets your potential customers in the most strategic way, at the right place and time.
In addition, you can repeatedly target visitors who have visited your website before with Google Ads Remarketing, that is, remarketing lists.
With Google Display Network, you can reach lower budgets at lower costs and create greater brand awareness for your target audience.
Video Ads: Google Video Ads are also delivered using the Google Ads Panel. There are basically two ways of using. The first is the banner designs that appear in videos or the promotion of your video content. Banner images prepared within certain criteria can be placed in targeted YouTube videos, video channels and videos that various target audiences are interested in. In a way, you can think of them like the banner ads we see on television. We can define them as images that appear periodically on YouTube or on websites where videos are placed. The only difference here is that these ads can be turned off if desired by the viewer. This ad model works basically like the Display Network and their targeting is similar. You can learn more about video ads on the Create YouTube Ads page
App Ads: Mobile applications included in the Google search network operate with the logic of websites that are members of this network. The application included in the network allows ads to be displayed in the areas determined by the application owner within certain criteria. These ads can sometimes vary from watch xxx video, earn points in the game to banner ads. The advertiser also organizes its costs according to the variability of this situation according to the impression or click status.
What to Consider When Using Google Ads
There are some elements to consider when using Google Ad Networks, listed as follows:
- When using Google ads, we strongly recommend that you seek support from a team of experts if you have not received training on the subject. In this way, you will ensure that your budgets are used more reasonably and that your ads are more effective
- Considerable attention should also be paid to issues such as account setup, placement of conversion and remarketing codes, and correct linking of Google Analytics and other helpful tools.
- The budget should be determined in the most accurate way when advertising. We never want budgets to be wasted.
- Setting goals is one of the keys to success. Will the ads used for an e-Commerce site or a news site? Although it may not seem very different at first, the main issue is to position the website correctly.
- Keyword analyses should not be done randomly and keywords should be determined by using auxiliary tools if necessary.
- Target is CONVERSION! What is our conversion goal? Purchases, page views, or downloads… Whatever the conversion goals, technical arrangements must be made correctly.
- It should be determined whether the relevant page in the website that the user will visit after clicking on the ad meets the needs of the user group, whether the page opens quickly, whether the elements such as forms that will realize the conversion are correctly positioned, and necessary changes should be made accordingly.
- According to KREABAZ, display and search ads should be used simultaneously. This is a factor that increases the success rate.
- It is very important to analyse the reports correctly. These analyses will guide you for your next advertising campaign.
- Location targeting should be done in the most appropriate way to avoid wasting budgets. Showing advertisements to a group that we cannot deliver products or services to would not be the best thing to do.
Functioning Principle of Google Ads
Google Ads basically works with the principle “you get what you pay for”. Of course, it is not enough to allocate the highest budget to advertisements alone. The process is carried out through the above-mentioned and many other details.
We have a name for Google Adwords: “THE WORD EXCHANGE”. You can think of this structure as papers traded in the stock market or exchange rates. Those who are interested in the stock market or foreign exchange know the process, which works almost in the same way for Google Ads, as the ability to make quick decisions and accurate analysis during these processes is important. If you have a budget of 100 units, it should be decided whether this budget will be used in the search or display network, which groups or devices will be allocated more budget, for which groups the allocated budget will be divided, and so on depending on many variables.
If you do not want your budget to be wasted, you should not think that it will be enough to place ads wait for the customers. This is a process of both patience and effort. In order for your ads to be properly optimized, it is necessary to spend time on this process every day.
Why Google Ads?
There are two basic answers for this question. The first is that it is measurable and the second is that it has a higher budget/conversion ratio compared to other channels. Of course, for some brands and companies, other media such as outdoor channels, printed materials, television and radio can also be useful. However, as the budgets allocated for advertising are always limited, digital advertising activities are preferred more and mode to keep the targets and analyze them.
The Importance of Keywords in Google Ads
Keywords are very important to create the campaign infrastructure for the ads you will create on Google. It will be effective to use Google Keyword Planner to create a successful and effective Google campaign. A keyword is a word or phrase determined to promote the product or service you offer to your target audience and other internet users in the advertising campaign you create.
The most significant purpose of the keywords is to determine when, where and how the ad campaigns you will create on Google will be displayed. In this way, it is aimed to attract the attention of your potential customers by highlighting your advertisement in google searches using related words or phrases. The keywords selected through the Google Keyword Planner Tool aim to display your ads to your potential customers.
For example, a user doing research on a product use the most searched words for that product. When you include these words in the advertising campaign, you will be seen by the user because they will be similar to those of yours. Therefore, you need to choose quality keywords with high interest and relevance. With the right keywords or phrases, you will achieve more effective and efficient results and avoid high advertising costs.
Rather than using too many keywords in Google Ads campaigns, it is necessary to use quality, accurate keywords searched most. While creating Google Ads, many factors such as the relevance of the target audience, user habits, search methods are taken into consideration. Thus, when creating your advertising campaign, take care to use the most searched word in a product or service research.
The keyword search volume is a data that shows how many times that keyword is searched on Google. While search volume shows past data, it also helps shape future data. Creating ads with the keywords or phrases with the highest search volume will increase the impact of the ad. If the keyword used in the Google Ads ad and the keywords used during the search are compatible, it will be shown to the user doing research.
There are also negative keyword groups in the keywords used when creating Google Ads ads. These negative keywords emphasize in which search the users should not see the ads. Especially words for brands can be used as negative keywords in advertising campaigns. It would be wrong to target these users since the user is already knows what to buy.
Advantages of Google Ads
The purpose of online advertising is to show your products or services to potential customers while filtering out unrelated people. In the advertising campaign created through Google ads, you can make measurements and adjustments by tracking how many people click on the ads. It also allows you to observe the consumer behavior of your target customers and get information about them. In addition, considering that the technological devices on which they view your ads are different, you should direct your ads to be compatible with each device. It is very important that Google Ads ads are shown to the right person, at the right time and in the right place. In this way, you will benefit from the many advantages of online advertising. The advantages of Google Ads campaigns are quite numerous. Some of the advantages of Google Ads campaigns created can be expressed as follows.
- Set your advertising targets.
You should take your target audience into consideration while creating ad targeting. You should aim to show your ads to users with specific interests, that is, users who are interested in your product or service. Showing your ads to the right people will both increase ad revenues and success. This is why Google Ads provides different targeting methods for ads. When creating marketing campaigns, there are different options to manage your online ads with specific targets. Some of them are as follows:
- Keyword: We have mentioned the importance of keywords for Google Ads ads in the article above. Keywords are related to the products and services that brands provide to customers. Using these keywords or phrases when creating ad campaigns allows you to target a specific segment. In this way, you will gain advantage by showing your ads to the relevant audience.
- Position of Ads: There are multiple ad campaign models. It refers to showing your ads on the results pages of the Google search engine or on websites with models such as display ads or Google search network. In short, it refers to where your ad will be positioned on Google.
- Target Audience Analysis: While creating Google Ads campaigns, you need to narrow your target as much as possible. So, you should first analyze the target audience. The interests, behaviors, location, demographic structures or languages of your target audience are determined in advance. You can identify your target audience by shaping your ads in line with this data. You should also determine from which devices users perform more Google searches and the times of these searches.
As the targeting mentioned above can be carried out easily and practically through Google Ads, the success of the campaign ads will increase. With the right targeting, it will be easier to reach potential customers. Keep in mind that both competitors and consumers should be analyzed correctly.
- Manage your Google Ads campaigns easily.
Google Ads supports not only the management of the ad campaigns you create, but also the management of your accounts. Whether you have a single Google Ads account or multiple accounts, you can control and manage them from a single location in a practical and easy way. While managing your Google Ads ads, you can easily make the necessary changes and amendments. Evaluating and organizing the ads depending on the actions taken by the ad campaign will provide favorable advantages.
How to do Remarketing with Google Ads?
One of the advantages of Google Ads campaigns is remarketing ads. Remarketing ads, referred to as Remarketing, is an advertising model that is displayed to users who leave the site without taking any action after browsing your website. The purpose of remarketing is to show ads again just to remind these users of the brand when a customer does not display any purchasing behavior after visiting the website
The purpose of remarketing is to provide a reminder by encouraging users. The advantages of remarketing advertising, which is carried out in conjunction with other advertising models, are also quite high.
The users that Google Ads targets when remarketing can be listed as follows
- The aim is to ensure that users who have previously visited the website see the brand ad again as they browse other applications and websites. This marketing method is called standard remarketing.
- These ads are made to show the products that users have previously visited and examined to the same user again. This method, called dynamic remarketing, is specially prepared.
- If a user has visited your website but has not purchased anything during this visit, a different remarketing method is applied. These users are not shown ads at that moment. This remarketing method, which aims to show ads when they search on Google again, is called remarketing for search ads.
- Remarketing based on the data of previous video viewing on YouTube, or based on the video channels and apps they have visited, is referred to as video remarketing.
- Remarketing to people who have logged in to Google and used its products is called remarketing to the customer list
The main goal of every advertiser is to get positive results following the ads and budgets spent. To achieve these goals and use the budgets correctly, KREABAZ provides the most transparent and optimum service to both existing and potential customers with its experience of more than 15 years in total. Just contact us to benefit from these services.