Banner Advertisement Designs
Banner Design or Banner advertisements have been used for marketing purposes to meet certain goals since the invention of the internet. Within the changing and developing internet technologies, there are many different types of banner design in line with the purpose of use, purpose of conversion, target group, or the channel to be used.
What Is a Banner?
It is a fixed or motion graphic design and advertising board used on websites for advertising, promotion or similar purposes. Banner designs can come in many sizes and formats. The purpose here is to direct users to the advertiser’s website or mobile application in the most suitable way.
Banner designs can be divided into on-page and off-page banners depending on to their areas of use. While in-page banner designs aim to redirect the user from page X on the website A to the page Y on the same website, off-page banner designs simply redirect the banner design published on website A to website or application B.
Many criteria can be considered for effective banner design, some of which are described below:
- Relevance to the Target Audience: It is the criterion that the word empathy comes into play. Whether your brand is new or well-known, it is necessary to provide a clear and objective answer to the question formulated as, “Would I be interested in this banner design?” To find the correct answer, user researches and target audience analyses should be done properly.
- Quality of Images: Low-quality images may make the user feel that the reliability level of the relevant advertisement, product or service is low. They can also give the impression that the image used does not belong to you. You need to make sure that your images are original and of high quality.
- Effective Messages: As we explained in the Landing page design services section, your messages and slogans should be prepared in line with your purpose and target audience. Trust-breaking and inauthentic discourses such as buy, download, or start should be avoided.
- Delivering the Right Message: Never try to deceive your users and customers. Make sure that the messages you give in your banner are compatible with the products or services that users will encounter after clicking on the banner. Always remember that your target group is very knowledgeable and experienced.
- Use of Logo or Brand: Use your brand name or logo in your banner designs to give users a reliable message and to achieve high level of advertisement. Another goal should be to increase brand awareness.
- Simple Design: You have the opportunity to design banners in dozens of sizes and formats that we have mentioned below. It is very important that you use simplicity, colour harmony, perspective, and other design criteria in the most understandable and simple way. At the same time, the messages you give should be intelligible and reader friendly, contributing to your goals and conversion goals.
- Relevance: The messages and images you use in banner design should be directly related to the product or service you are promoting. Otherwise, if you do not do viral advertising, your advertising campaign may become becomes useless.
- File Size: Advertised channels create technical lists for advertisers. Advertisement works carried out in line with these technical details are well accepted and they are more easily noticed on the web page where the advertisement is published. Optimization is as important in banner design studies as it is in web design studies.
Banner Sizes and Types
There is no fixed definition for banner sizes and types. The size and type required by each web page and each advertising platform may differ. The main factor to be decided here is the platforms on which banner advertisements will be placed. In this context, some banner sizes and types can be described as follows.
- Cover Banner Design: It can be in the Jpeg, HTML, or Animated GIF formats. It is based on the principle that more than one brand or service is presented alternately within a certain cycle on the broadcasting channel. These types of banner designs are usually located on the home page of the relevant channel or on the page that receives the highest number of visitors.
- Pop-Up Banner: These are the banner designs that appear in the middle, right or left of the screen with a certain animation technique when the user first opens the page or after a few seconds on the relevant broadcasting web page. These banner designs either close on their own after a certain period of time, or when the user clicks on a certain space located in the design.
- Tower Banner: These are the designs that are located on the far right or the far left of the website and dominate almost the entire page.
- Micro Banner: These types of banners are banner structures that are generally located at the footer of the relevant web page and used for reference purposes. These banner types are included on all pages, if there are no major design changes.
- Sidebar Banner: As the name suggests, these banners are used in the right-left column used to point to a less important or non-relevant topic on the right or left of the broadcast website.
- Sponsored Content (Advertorial): This type of advertisement is placed on the website where the banner is published, similar to any other site content. Here, by using an article, a video or an image, the advertisement is made to look like regular content. Recently, this is the most preferred type of banner publishing on news sites.
- Interstitial Banner: This is a type of advertisement in video or visual format, which covers the entire page when you open a website with advertisements on any device. It is a product with very creative designs and a story. However, it is one of the highest budget types of banners.
- Page Skin Banner: These banner designs, also called page cladding, are banners published in a way that creates a unity on the right, left and top of the relevant website. With the sticky feature, they follow the user within the design integrity as the page goes down.
- Rollover Banner: These banner designs have a slightly more interactive structure compared to other types. Here, more detailed content is given in a panel that opens up or down when the mouse is hovered over.
Banner design work, which may seem quite complex from the point of designs, methods and usage areas, should be designed by teams of experts and applied with the right media buying methods. As KREABAZ Digital Advertising Agency, we provide accurate targeting services to our customers by using all available technological means in this field.